Task: Your overall task is to block the waterfall. To achieve that you need to find three cogs, one of which can be found in the Lost Valley, a place where dinosaurs dwell.
1. At the WaterfallRun ahead and you come to a set of steps leading down to the right. Below you will be attacked by two wolves. Shoot them, till they are dead. Once the wolves are finished, run to the stone stairs left of the pool with waterfall. Pick up the Cog on the lowest stair. You could use it right away at the wall mechanism, however you will still need other pieces so we will continue and come to that later. In the pool you would also find a tunnel you can dive into, but as we will get into the water later anyway, there is no reason to get wet, yet. So climb the stairs. At the top face the gap in the wall and jump there. Then jump up to the higher crevice. Shimmy around the corner to the left and pull up onto the stairs. Climb up onto the next level and pick up the Shotgun Ammo. Now hang from the right part of the next ledge. Shimmy to the right end and jump over to the next crevice. Shimmy twice around the corner to the right and until Lara places her feet against the wall. Jump up to the next ledge. Pull up. Climb up the two steps ahead. Then run to the right, upstream. At the end run through the tunnel and turn right, towards the stairs.
2. UpstreamJump straight across the river and pull up on the other side. Here turn towards the right wall. Jump to the lower ledge and then up to the second. Jump backwards to the wooden board behind you and pull up. The ledge on the next wall seems tempting, but before you mount it, take our your guns and shoot at the ropes holding the wooden piece over on the left. If you are using manual Combat Mode, you have to manually aim at the rope. Otherwise simply shooting there will suffice. The board falls down, revealing a horizontal bar. Now hang from the ledge and shimmy around the corner to the left. Jump backwards to the horizontal bar and swing over to the opening on the other side. Pull up and run through the passage, to the right. At the end you'll need to use the grapple. Jump ahead and while in the air, throw the grapple towards the hook on the ceiling. Swing over to the wooden bridge. There jump up to the crevice of the pillar on the right, preferably around the left corner so you avoid shimmying over to the left. Jump up to the second gap and then to the top ledge. You cannot reach the path up on the left from down here. Turn right and jump across the gap to reach the other side. Pull up and enter the passage. Follow the passage and run across the wooden suspension bridge to come to a damaged cog wheel mechanism. Collect the single cog lying on the ground.
3. By the upper CogwheelsAfter collecting the cog wheel some bats will attack you. When they are finished, turn to the ropes of the suspension bridge. Shoot them. Looking over to the other side will reveal an opening in the wall just right of the part of the suspension bridge now resembling a rope-ladder. This is one of our next targets. Now face the rotating cogs on the left end. The turning wheel has a horizontal bar attached. Jump towards it and use it to swing to the ledge of the wooden remains in between the waterfall. Hold on and at the front side, jump up to the upper gap. Here shimmy around the corner to the right. Jump up to the top. There jump backwards to the ledge below the opening. Pull inside. Follow the passage to a lever. Activate it to open an underwater gate. This is located in the water just underneath. However you cannot get in there yet, due to the current.
Find: Now it's time to get back to the now damaged suspension bridge we've crossed to find the second cog. - The fastest way is the following: Run back to the other end of the current passage and jump over to the entrance on the other side. If you do not dare to make that jump, hang from the ledge and from its right end (!) let go to grab the ledge below to the right. From here jump back to the opening on the other side. Enter the passage and run through to come to where the bridge was. - Hang backwards from the ledge and climb down the ladder. When the opening appears on the right, jump over there and pull inside. Make sure that you pull up in the middle and better press crouch while standing up, otherwise Lara might decide to fall into the water. Follow the passage and you will find a Large Medipack and the Shotgun, in a chamber behind the waterfall.Now jump into the water and let the current take you downstream and down the waterfall into the pool below. Resurface to catch some air.
Find: Dive into the underwater tunnel just opposite the waterfall. Follow it to the end, to the right. Swim to the surface and climb out. Collect the Small Medipack. Then dive back outside.Climb out of the pool and fight against the three hungry wolves attacking you now. Then climb up the ladder on the right side of the pool. You come to the cogwheel mechanism. Place the first cog on the receptacle to the right of the lever. Then pull down the lever. The lower part of the wheel mechanism is set in motion.
4. Cogwheel Mechanism (1)Turn right. The small wheel just above your head has one horizontal bar protruding. Jump up to it and use it to swing to one of the two horizontal bars attached to the larger wheel. When the ladder is close, jump across. Climb up the ladder. At the top you'll find a second receptacle. Place the second cogwheel and pull the lever right of it. The upper part of the mechanism sets into motion too and will open a path to a spot where you could place a third cog, however we will need to collect it first. Jump up to the ledge right of the lever. Jump across the gap to the right. Shimmy around the corner. At the right end, when Lara's feet are against the wall, jump up to the higher gap. From there continue to the wooden board behind you. The path ahead leads to the third part of the mechanism, but we don't have the cog yet. Turn around and face the gap in the wall left of the dangling rope. Jump there and shimmy to the right. When you have climbed around the corner twice you have to choices.
Find: First we will get down. Shimmy to the right end and let go to grab the ledge of the opening below. (It might be necessary to press interaction to quickly grab the ledge before Lara'll let go.) Pull up into the alcove. Climb onto the wooden board opposite and collect the Large Medipack on the left. After collecting it, slide down the chute to reach the cave's floor again. You have to climb the whole way up again till you are back at the ledge above the wall opening.This time, instead of dropping down, jump up. From this upper ledge jump backwards towards the rope. Turn left until you face the crevice in the wall high above. Swing there and grab hold. Shimmy to the right and around the corner. From there jump towards the board above the entrance. Then let go to drop onto the wooden walkway. The grate on the right will fall down and open up another path to the top of the waterfall in this cave. But ignore this for now and instead enter the passage and climb up. Crawl through the narrow passage and drop down on the other side. Follow the passage.
5. By the Bear HutSneak through underneath the low ceiling. Once you enter the cave, a bear will attack, coming from the hut at the back. Shoot the bear. If you find that killing the bear is not as much fun, you might leave him or instead get him to follow you back to the entrance, sneak back and shoot him from the other side. - Nasty trick, but effective. The hut is of no further interest from down here. But not its sloped roof, the opening overhead, in the wall on the right. And the crevice of the structure on the left. Climb up onto the rocks and wooden planks in the left corner before you come to the hut. Up there, face the wall ahead. Jump up to the board and again to reach the top stone ledge. From there either jump backwards to grab the platform behind or shimmy around the corner to the right. Collect the 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo on the higher board on the right.
Secret (Artifact): If you look towards the slope of wooden boards ahead, you can spot an opening in the wall underneath. This is our next target. On the left below you, on the wall is a crevice Lara can hold on to. To reach it, you have to jump onto the right part of the roof below. While sliding, jump to reach the crevice. Shimmy around the left corner and jump into the opening in the wall behind you. Pull up into it. Collect the Artifact in here. Through the boards you can look into an adjacent chamber with a small medipack. We will reach this soon. Get back out and climb back to the spot where you found the ammunition.From there turn to face the corner where you came up. Above you can spot a crevice in the wall. Jump there and shimmy around to the right. Alternatively you can climb up the first pillar and jump backwards to the ridge. There shimmy to the right where Lara places her feet against the wall. Jump up to the higher crevice. Jump back onto the top of the narrow pillar. Keep your balance and jump further to the second pillar. Then jump to the opening. Pull up, run out on the other side and slide down the ramp.
Find: Now it's time to collect the small medipack. You could also do so later, but a spare medipack now won't hurt. On the right is a low pillar. You can reach its top either by climbing it, jumping onto the slope and jumping back or by jumping here after climbing the larger pole. From this smaller pole, you can jump into the opening. It will lead back to the previous chamber, but not only that. On the left is an opening. On the opposite wall are two ledges you can use to climb down. In this chamber you can collect a Small Medipack. Collect it and climb back to the chamber with the low pillar.Run further ahead.
6. AbyssesOn the step to the left you will find Shotgun Ammo. If you have not used your shotgun yet, you might find that Lara has stocked up all the ammo she can carry. Now run out onto the wooden board and from there jump towards the slide. Slide down and jump to reach the gap in the wall ahead. From there jump over to the right, to another board. Collect the Shotgun Ammo there. Then continue to jump towards the horizontal bar. Swing to the gap in the wall. Jump up and shimmy to the left to reach the next level. All unused ledges are for the way back.
7. To the ValleyAt the top turn right. Jump to the crevice on the right and shimmy around the left corner. Jump towards the next crevice in the wall behind you. Shimmy to the right, to the board with the Large Medipack. Collect it after ridding yourself of the two bats that appeared.
Find: Hang from the ledge. Let go and grab the ledge below. Let go again when above the entrance. It is likely that you need to secure your grip by pressing interaction. Pull into the opening. Collect the Large Medipack. Now get back to the edge. Jump towards the gap opposite. Shimmy to the right and jump up one ledge and again to the top ledge. From its left end jump backwards and there up to reach the top again.Climb up into the next opening and crawl through. Follow the passage to a wooden board at the end.
8. The Lost ValleyThe floor will collapse underneath Lara's feet and she will slide down to the lost valley. Here she will be greeted by three raptors coming from an alcove on the left side. It is possible that they don't appear. In that case, returning to the slope where you came down might trigger them. Right at the start on the left side, you can find an elevated rock that may serve as safe spot when shooting at the raptors. When the first three are killed, three more raptors appear. You may want to collect some goodies before taking out all the raptors.
Find: On the right lies some 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo and at the nearby waterfall is a Small Medipack. In an alcove on the left, where the first three raptors came from, lies a Large Medipack. By the pair of waterfalls further along to the right lies another Small Medipack by the left one.
9. Hunted by Raptors and the T-RexOnce you killed all six Raptors, the T-Rex makes its appearance. He attacked some of the Raptors and they storm panicking towards you. The first interactive sequence will ensue. You have to quickly press (only!) the buttons shown to you on-screen. Don't press them before they are shown. The combination here is:
- Down (PC) / Circle (PS2, PS3)
to dodge the T-Rex attack
- Up (PC) / R1 (PS2, PS3) / RB (Xbox 360)
to shoot at the Raptor
- Up (PC) / X (PS2, PS3) / A (Xbox 360)
to jump over the Raptor's carcass
10. T-Rex FightStart shooting right away. Shoot at the huge dinosaur while retreating backwards and performing evasive side-jumps. You will notice that the T-Rex' energy bar is yellow-greenish and a red bar charges underneath. Once the red bar is fully charged the T-Rex will roar, giving you a moment and then attack fiercely. But at that moment he is also most vulnerable. You will need to perform the dodge-and-head shot move a couple of times, so I hope you are familiar with it by now. If not, you probably will be after this fight, however it will take longer. Keep the T-Rex locked on till you've performed the head shot! Depending on the Combat Mode you use, you might need to press the button for it - as there are many different systems and you might have reconfigured your key-layout, I leave it to you to find out, which it is. It is called "Combat Mode Toggle" in the controls settings, simply look it up in the menu!
DodgeOnce the T-Rex storms towards Lara stop shooting and when the screen becomes blurry wait for the arrows to show up/the image to freeze (not with all video cards) evade him by a roll to the side by pressing LEFT or RIGHT and ROLL. When he did not touch you, you have performed a successful dodge and can proceed to the head shot!
Head ShotDo nothing for now. Grey circles will appear on the screen. Wait for them to focus on the T-Rex' head and turn into one big red circle (a sound will accompany it), then press SHOOT once to perform the head shot. Again the target has to be locked. If you hit the target, the T-Rex will stumble into anything nearby. If you are close to one of the spiky roles or any rocky outcrops, he takes even more damage than dealt by the shot. Run towards the lighter spots on the ground before any of the (yet undamaged) spike rolls when the T-Rex is roaring when enraged to provoke him into one of the traps. (If you make him hit all three, it will be a short fight.) Immediately resume shooting and this whole procedure will repeat itself till the T-Rex' health bar has run down. Use as many medipacks as necessary, while fighting. It is not a difficult fight but it will take some time and patience. On the left side by the temple lies another Small Medipack. Opposite, where the upper level of the valley is, lies some 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo. In a bush left of the two spike rolls you will find more 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo.
11. Interactive T-Rex SequenceThe combination here is:
- Down (PC) / Circle (PS2, PS3)
to dodge the T-Rex attack
- Up (PC) / R1 (PS2, PS3)
to shoot at the T-Rex
12. Valley TempleCollect all of the three items lying around in the arena that you left during the T-Rex battle. Then climb up into the temple. You can use the rocks on the right side of the knocked out T-Rex to get up there.
13. Third CogRun up into the chamber. Jump over the water to the platform and pick up the third cog. Then jump into the water. Dive into the tunnel on the right. Turn right at the end and then dive up into the chamber. Climb out of the water. Jump onto the pillar and climb up. From there jump up to the platform underneath the window. Up there face the ridges on the left. Jump to the lower one and then up to the one above. Shimmy left. Jump further to the left, towards the windowsill. From there jump backwards to land on top of the pillar. Jump towards the next ridge on the other side. Jump to the upper ridge and shimmy to the left. From the end jump backwards to the larger window and pull up.
14. Above the Valley (1)You come out high above the arena where you fought the T-Rex. Turn right as you cannot continue any further on the left. Run along the edge of the roof to reach the Small Medipack. Then return to the beginning of this roof and climb the rocks to jump to the upper part of the roof from there. Run along. At the end, drop down and run further along. Jump across the gap. Run further along the path and jump the second and third gap as well. At the end jump towards the pole, climb it and jump into the opening. Lara might even manage to reach the opening without going up the pole. Run out on the other side. You are now above the first part of the valley. Face the ridge on the right and jump there. Shimmy left and jump over to the next ridge. Shimmy around the corner and there jump to the next ridge. Jump backwards to the wooden walkway. Follow the path and to the right. At the end slide down. Jump to reach the pole. Climb it and jump backwards into the opening in the wall. Drop down on the other side. Run into the next chamber.
15. Above the Valley (2)Collect the Small Medipack on the floor. Then turn right and run through the passage into the next chamber.
Find: On the right is an opening in the wall, though it you can get down into the first part of the valley to collect remaining goodies. Jump down onto the wooden platform to collect the Small Medipack. If you did not collect all goodies before, you can do so now by climbing further down. There was ammunition just by the entrance. A small medipack in the water nearby, another small medipack by the left of the two waterfalls and a large medipack in the alcove where the first raptors came from. After getting everything you can jump onto the rock, jump up to the wooden platform from there and climb up onto the next platform to return to the previous chamber.Jump up to the ledge and pull up onto it. Turn right and jump up to the next level. Step out onto the remains of the suspension bridge. Jump across the gap to the other side.
Find: Collect the Large Medipack in the chamber ahead. Then return to the edge.Face the ridge on the column on the left side of the entrance and jump there. Shimmy to the left and drop down to the lower ridge. Shimmy further left and when the next ridge appears above you, jump up to it. Jump sideways to the left to reach another crevice. Shimmy left around the corner. Then jump up to the ridge above. Shimmy right, then jump up and pull up onto the platform.
Secret (Artifact): Look over to the left. On the right, behind the spot where the medipack lay, you can see another chamber. Jump over to the pillar with the round platform on top, or even further to the right. Make sure not to jump onto the watery slide. Climb down into the corner to collect the next Artifact. Then climb back out to where the medi was and take the way up the ridges again.Back on the top platform, now jump onto the slide. At the slide's end, jump onto the next slide. Slide down a bit and then jump towards the pole. Jump towards the next pole and then towards the wooden platform. Pull up. Jump across the gap and run into the cave mouth.
16. Exiting the ValleyRun through the tunnel and jump down. Through the rocks on the left you can spot the place where you slid down into the valley earlier. Follow the path on the left and run to its end. There you will come to an opening. Pick the one on the left.
17. Way Back (1)Slide down the ramp. Jump to reach the crevice. This place might already look familiar to you. Jump back towards the other ridge. Let go to hang from the lower ledge. Then shimmy left and around the corner. Jump back onto the wooden platform.
18. Way Back (2)Step back towards the edge, facing the place you were coming from. Jump onto the slope leading down to the right. At the end jump to reach the gap in the wall. On the left end jump up to the crevice above. Shimmy further left and then drop onto the other slope. From its end jump towards another gap in the wall. Jump up to the one above and climb around the corner to the right. Jump up to the crevice above and again to finally get out of the pit. Run down the stairs.
19. Way Back (3)Run into the next chamber. Climb up the small pole in the left corner. From there jump onto the slope and immediately jump again to land on top of the column. Jump into the opening. If you did not collect it earlier, you can now find a small medipack in a chamber below, which can be reached through an opening on the left. Slide down the ramp. Then drop carefully down into the cave where the bear was. Run back out of the cave.
20. Cogwheel Mechanism (2)Turn left and jump towards the horizontal bar you made appear when you entered the cave earlier. From there jump into the water once more. Swim to shore and climb up the ladder to the mechanism again. By now you should be familiar with the path leading up, in case you don't remember, look above. The path is explained from the start of the paragraph till the second blue comment. If you did not use the second cog yet, do so now and use the lever before you climb up the last part. When you are back on the upper wooden platform - the one where you jumped to the crevice in the wall to reach the rope before - turn to the mechanism. By placing the second cog, you have activated the mechanism here that made the wooden platform turn. When it is in horizontal position, jump onto it and continue to the other side. Place the third and last cog. Then use the lever. The big gate will be lowered into the waterfall and stop the waterfall from running down, thus opening up the passage behind. Jump down into the pool.
Secret (Relic): Before you exit the level, there is one more secret to pick up. Climb up to the top of the waterfall again. This path is described at the start of this page. Dive underneath the bar of the gate and jump into the water. Dive along to the left and into the cave mouth on the right. Dive up into the chamber and climb out. Pick up the Kero Mug. Dive back outside and towards the gate. On the right side you can climb out of the water again. Roll back underneath the bar and jump down into the pool again.Pull out of the water behind the waterfall and run into the passage.
© www.tombraidergirl.com Personal use only, no reproduction. Last changes: 01 Sep 2018, 23:01
I do my best thinking plunging off cliffs.